Food Blog

KIPlog cooks, eats (and drinks)

Cinnabon Horror

November 22nd, 2007 · 7 Comments

cinnabon.jpg

Another in the theme of ‘how do people eat these things?” I got a coffee and a Cinnabon in O’Hare. Believe it or not, this was my first one. I couldn’t get through half of it. I think I figured out the recipe: Take 30 cinnamon scented car fresheners, boil them into a paste, add all of the strongest sweetners known to man, form into a spiral, and cover with weapons grade high fructose corn syrup icing.

Tags: Restaurants · Uncategorized

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 auftn // Nov 23, 2007 at 1:59 am

I believe that your theory also explains the formation of the Hawaiian Island chain.

• 2 Pete // Dec 3, 2007 at 1:23 pm

When I was 12 or 13 I remember sharing a Cinnabon at San Diego Int’l with my father and it was the best cinnamon roll I had had in my life to that point. I still seem to buy one at least two or three times a year hoping to find that first one that I ever tried. Alas, they now fit your description better than the one in my memory. My love affair with Cinnabon is over, but don’t worry, we’ll always have San Diego.

• 3 Andrea // Dec 7, 2007 at 12:40 pm

Eww!!! They really use high fructose corn syrup?
    (shudder)
    Thanks for the warning. We like to make our own cinnamon rolls. :)

• 4 Casey // Dec 9, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Enjoy your blog and appreciate the Chicago food resources as I’m researching for a trip. Yours are the best Chicago links I’ve found so far. And thanks for the great food blog list! I have a chocolate blog

• 5 christian // Jan 10, 2008 at 11:54 am

Cinnabon is death. Not to mention the fact that if you don’t eat it within the first 2 seconds after its served, it gets cold and then it just tastes like sugar coated, cinnamon scented cardboard.

not ok.

• 6 Kat // Jan 23, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Oh my goodness…I have not had a Cinnabon in the longest time. I used to work in a mall just shops down from Cinnabon – and every week I would treat myself to a freshly baked one. They may be super sweet, to the point of aggressive tooth decay, but I do love them so!

• 7 Leila // Sep 11, 2010 at 9:13 pm